Why Not?

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I was close

Twasn't my ACL, 'tis my MCL. (Medial as opposed to anterior) The doc said it didn't look serious so it should have healed up by now on its own. He said it may not have healed yet because it's being re-exacerbated. I said, "Hmmm, maybe by going to karate twice a week? After which it always feels even more sore?" (Hey doctor, it hurts when I move my arm like this.) So he told me what any schlub on the street could have told me for 5 cents. Take a break from karate! I'm going to stop going for about two weeks, and if my knee doesn't start to improve, they'll take a closer look. But the good news is that I can still start training for the triathlon with some gentle biking because it will keep my knee moving in a nice, straight plane. So I tried, Karen, but I guess I'm not backing out after all!

5 Comments:

  • I'm pretty sure I did something awful to my MCL when I climbed Longs Peak a few years ago. It hurt like hell every time I went downhill for months afterward. But, wouldn't you know it, letting it rest for a long time seems to have done the trick. It only took a few years. Good luck with that. Let's hit the single track!

    By Blogger Ferg, at 6:53 PM  

  • It is a crime against nature that someone so beautiful should hide themselves from the rest of the world. For shame. Blog away, the heavens demand it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

  • Someone distinctly told me that there would be photos of a 28" snowdrift in your back yard. Come on now! Cough them up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

  • Come now, there must be something to blog about, if only the presence of some smelly, unknown thing in the back of your fridge.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 PM  

  • Happy five month aniversary of your last blog post. Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home