Why Not?

Friday, February 09, 2007

Hello again

Wow, I haven't updated since August? Oh man, all sorts of cool things have happened since then! In Sep/Oct I went to Germany and Czech Republic.

Click for Prague joy-->


In November I hosted my very first Thanksgiving. In December I had a raging Christmas party. In January... hmm, well maybe January was dull. But in February, I got my ear pierced by a woman who had diamonds coming out of her cheekbones. I mean really, how does one do that? (Apparently, subdermal anchors.)

So I won't promise you that I'll write more, because yeah yeah, I say that and then I don't do it and everyone hates a liar. And I'd rather have you all hate me for being boring rather than for being deceptive.

But what's going on with me recently? I had a good karate class on Thursday. I went to the early and late class because I had to make one up. I pretty much sucked in the first class. I was doing things wrong, easy things, and I could tell my instructors were thinking, "What the hell is wrong with her? This is the easy class!" Every ten minutes one would come up to me saying, "Try this." "Slow down, try this." "Ok, just do this." With undertones of "For the love of god, chick, get it together." It was fairly humiliating. But I thought about everything that had been said to me, processed it in the fifteen minute break, and did much, much better in the second class. Night and day difference; I was really proud of what I accomplished. And you know what the kicker is? The woman giving me all the advice wasn't even there for the second class! So she went home thinking I was a total schmuck! But that's ok, because I know that I did well, and in the end, isn't that the most important thing? The answer is... no.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home