Why Not?

Monday, March 12, 2007

Inspector Hellacious Crumsteen

My success has been noted on my record. I have 3 more cases to solve before I will receive my next promotion.

I have been having the best time playing old Carmen Sandiego games! I downloaded Where in the World, but then I realized I never actually played that one. So I downloaded Where in the USA and have been having a grand old time with all the nostalgia. It asks you to find the last bold-faced word on page x from the manual, though, in order to be promoted, so for my first promotion I just guessed and put peanut. It worked! I thought I was magical and psychic. Then for my second promotion, peanut also worked so I concluded that the game was just lenient. I've been using peanut for all my promotions since.

I tried downloading Where in Time, because that was my favorite, with the awesome Chronoskimmer and coffee machine, but I could only find a Commodore 64 version. I got the emulator and everything, and I could play the first part, but then it died when it told me to put in disk B. I'll have to figure that out.

I tried to find Gold Rush as well, but I haven't been successful yet. If anyone knows where I can get that, I will pay you in actual gold. That game is my childhood.


Don't walk on the grass, Jerrod!

3 Comments:

  • Goldrush! That was my FIRST computer game! I never could get through panama without getting malaria. I always had to go around the cape or take the stage.

    Now, when I got to play on my grandpa's computer with the Roland MT-32 sound module and real EGA color... that was the stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 PM  

  • Score!

    http://www.abandonia.com/games/389/GoldRush/GoldRush.htm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 AM  

  • Yay! Gold Rush love! I downloaded and played through the Panama way. (Got malaria once) Now it's on to Cape Horn. Sweet!

    By Blogger CK, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home