Why Not?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

*cough*

Last night I was choked in turns with a plastic bag, a leather jump rope, and a club. The plastic bag really stuck to my neck, making it difficult to get my fingers underneath it, but it made rustly noises, so it's not really a weapon of stealth. The leather jump rope was pretty awesome. It hugs the neck all the way around, cutting off both air and blood. Doesn't work well in a noose, though; there's too much friction to get a tight seal that way. The club was pretty rough on the trachea, (I kept feeling like I had to cough for a few hours afterwards), but it did nothing to my blood supply and, as a long, stiff object, was much more easily controlled than the flimsier devices. Best scenario: Lying on my back, someone sitting on me and choking me with the club. Very easy to get out of. Worst scenario: Lying on my stomach, arms pinned to my side, being choked with the jump rope. There's just not a lot you can do, and very little time to do it in.


Round Two comes tomorrow. I love self-defense week in karate.

3 Comments:

  • I would put something sticky on you. Stickiness is your kryptonite.

    By Blogger Ferg, at 7:31 PM  

  • Oh, come on now. Quit coughing. The karate doctor took off his glove over a month ago.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

  • Has it really been over seven months? How time flies....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home